I am doing stronglifts. So I get to lift 3 times a week. For like 50 minutes a time. That is 2.5 hours a week.
I used to run 2.5 hours every fucking Sunday. Sometimes I would run 2.5 hours on Wednesday and then run 3.5 hours on Sunday. And,you know what, every other day of the week I was running.
3 days a week. Really?
1. Whether you had an awesome run or a shitty run or a blah run you were less than 24 hours from your next run. And the next run was always different. Like you would rock a tempo run and all you could think about was that easy run the next day then the intervals the day after that then the long run on the weekend. Or you totally shit the bed on a run, well who gives a shit. You are out there tomorrow to get vengeance on that bitch. With lifting, you fuck up that bench press, you got to weight 4 or 5 days for another try at it. That is a long time to wait. Even the squat, you fuck that up you are waiting 2 or 3 days. Man. Like today. I didn’t quite get it and I gave up a bit and, AHHHHHHHHHH.
2. There are no, “ahhhhh it is 5:30 am, do I really have to go for a run.” It is “Fuck yeah, it is 5:30 a.m., I get to squat today bitches.” in 4 weeks of this I have never had a day I wasn’t loving it. Every week, while running, I would have at least 2 or 3 days that I hated life getting up to go running.
3. You got to bring it 110 percent everytime in the gym. There appears to be no easy days on this program. Push it Push it Push it. This is a tough mindset to master. In running, tons of easy shit. It is all easy. Gains are made by running easy.
4. Diet, of course, is more important.
5. Also, Renfrew Gym in Calgary. Enough said.
Three days a week. Wow. Mind is blown.
Also, my legs, very very sore today.